Thursday, May 3, 2012

DIY espadrille wedges

Here's the final result of the "blank canvas" DIY. Some of you guys suggested me doing something related to sailor style. I found that idea so surprising, maybe I was too obsessed with doing the comic print to see any other possibilities... Everyone has a different point of view, so that's why sharing ideas is always so interesting.

As you can see, this is a very simple DIY, but I think it's transforming enough to bring a new appearance to any boring shoes. In the next few weeks I'll try to do a few small DIY's, faster and simpler than what I usually do. This is partly because I don't have much time, but also because I think that kind of projects are more useful to most of people.
Sandals: Primark

The first step is to cover the fabric with adhesive tape in order to keep it clean. Then, paint the espadrille. I used a dye for paints I already had at home, but I recommend you using textile paint or textile dye. Once it's dry, unpick the original bow and make your own. As you can see in the pictures, mine is made of two pieces. I think this is the easiest way to get a nice bow.

I should say I like the result, but I'm still thinking of doing the comic print. I'll probably buy these sandals again and try to transfer the ink in another way, let's see what comes out!

I hope you guys liked it and dare to do your own DIY ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your all information about the Espadrille with wedge and i just appreciate it.
    Bolso de palmito blanco

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...