Tuesday, July 31, 2012

DIY Project: customize your bikini with vintage fabrics

Here we go with the second customized bikini. This is going to be a little bit simpler than the last one I did. I had this swimsuit since a long time ago, but I just couldn't throw it away: I love crochet on swimwear and I still haven't found another (white) bikini that I like better than this one. However, I thought it was time to give it a makeover.

I found some vintage fabrics in my grandfather's house and I instantly felt like I had to do something with them (they're truly vintage, they've been in the depths of a closet for at least 30 years!!). You can use any fabric you already have or buy some swimsuit lycra. Also, when you cut the strips, you can sew the edges to achieve a more polished finish. Nevertheless, I prefered a threadbare effect on this DIY, as the bikini I'm using is made of crochet.
What do you guys think? Have you ever done any DIY with vintage fabrics? Have you ever customized a swimsuit? I hope you liked it ;)
xxx
Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. It is very cute! I haven't ever done a bikini-diy, but I have sewn things of vintage fabric - for example a pair of short from an old scarf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO GORGEOUS!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...