Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ikea and the Do It Yourself movement

Lee esto en Castellano
There are two kinds of people in this world. One the one hand we have those who love Ikea and reach their happiness maximum during the assembling process (I belong to this group). On the other hand we have the Ikea complainers, those who can't stop grumbling things like "it's cold, the packages are heavy, the queue is too long, these illustrated instructions are for Swedish people, I don't like deer meatballs..." This is a message for those from the second group: what are your claims in life? Seriously, you guys shouldn't spread your gloom.

Joking apart, this year's Ikea catalogue has left me open-mouthed. Its scanning app for smartphones brings some cool DIY ideas to customize your furniture. Isn't that great? Here are some of their designs. 
I would definitely go for the first style. Which one is your favorite? Have you ever done a DIY with furniture? Os something related to decoration?

xx

2 comments:

  1. I love your characterisation about Ikea-people :D I've never done furniture DIY, but I would really like to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the last drawers are great. I just got the ikea catalogue in the mail... I know what to do after lunch... dream of my perfect home! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...