Monday, March 18, 2013

Tote bags: from the hipster to the shopper

Of course tote bags are not the latest fashion, but they've earned some kind of status, the same way t-shirts did decades ago. Despite their plain shape, every well-known designer has made his own interpretation of what a tote bag is. However, tote bags are really close to basic cotton bags, like the ones we use for grocery shopping. In fact, these cotton printed bags (so hipster, aren't they?) are not so far away from designer shopping bags, even if they're made of some sort of  exotic leather. Materials are not the same, but they have the same spirit.
This kind of bags are a perfect sewing exercise for beginners. Probably it would be great as a second sewing project after a basic skirt, like the one I showed you guys here. This week I'm going to show you guys how to make a real tote bag, with facing, lining etc. Something we can be proud of. And it won't be so hard, I promise! It will be much easier than the envelope clutch I showed you last year.

3 comments:

  1. I love the name of this post, it made me giggle! I love the Anya Hindmarch design above, I may have to applique some shoes onto my tote bag though since there's probaly no way I could afford that bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those tots are amazing
    the butterfly one inspires me so much! love your selection!

    lets follow and stay in touch! im goiin :)
    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com

    Sergio,

    ReplyDelete
  3. as well as carry other football equipment needed when it gets closer to season. Custom Tote Bags

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...