Thursday, April 11, 2013

DIY project: Open and strappy back dress

Here's one of my favorite DIYs I've ever made.  It all started when I came across this dress on the last day of sales at Zara. Despite I loved the robot print, I wasn't sure about the fit of this dress. It was too loose on the top, and too long. Anyway, it was a bargain and I loved the fabric, so it was obviously a perfect victim for my DIY experiments. Now it's one of my favorite dresses.

By now, you guys are probably thinking that this will be so complicated. But it's not that hard! In fact, it's much easier than last week's polka dot sweatshirt and infinitely easier that the braided skirt I made two weeks ago. One of the most important facts for DIY success is not being afraid to spoil the garment. You guys should be confident and be able to cut the fabric fearless. Here's the video and my outfit pictures. Today I'm sharing the spotlight again with my dog, Sugus. 

Dress: DIY - original from Zara / Ballet pumps: Pretty Ballerinas / Bag: Nice Things

Hope you guys enjoyed the tutorial. I'm now preparing a post with all the recreations of my DIYs made by you guys. So if you have ever made any of my DIYs please send me a picture!! You can use my email (info@daretodiy.com), my Twitter account (@daretodiy) or you can even mention me on Instagram (@daretodiy).

xxx

Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. OMG your doggy is sooo cute :P And Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...