Friday, June 14, 2013

How to make a maxi dress out of a long skirt

Hi everyone!!
In addition to a new DIY, this week we're having a very special guest. His name is White Boy, and he is one of the pets a friend has on his yard, in the middle of the dessert of California. I though that llamas weren't so friendly, but this one made me change my mind. He stole my heart with his fluffy hair and his buckteeth.

My maxidress is made of a basic skirt from Forever 21, and the top is made with the same technique I used for my braided skirt. I used recycled t-shirt strips. I recommend using high waist skirts (it's better if they have an elastic waistband), however you can use any skirt you already have, as long as it's not too tight. Now the skirt goes a little bit over my ankle, but it's a quite comfortable lenght. It's perfect to wear it with flat sandals.

And it didn't take much time! I did it in just one morning. Don't miss out all the details of the DIY process in the video. I still haven't learnt how to (easily) add subtitles, so if there's anything you guys don't understand, you can just ask ;)

Hope you guys liked my new DIY maxi dress and my new friend :) Would you guys dare to turn your maxi skirt into a maxi dress?

xxx

11 comments:

  1. I love anything with braids, and the top of the maxi dress came out really flattering! ...your new friend liked it too!! xox, d.
    www.inspirationrealisation.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool
    http://ccchinachic.com/products/fashion/womens-clothing/womens-dresses/c-124/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tu vestido y la idea en general esta buenísima! pero por favor, quita los alfileres cuando pases la maquina por arriba. La aguja de la máquina se va a romper! Espero sigas haciendo cosas tan lindas como esta. Besos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias!! Lo de los alfileres ya sé que no está bien, es una manía que tengo porque soy un poco impaciente y me da mucha pereza hilvanar. Pero intentaré no hacerlo ;)

      Delete
  4. I loved your blog post about Barbie – it brought back so many fond childhood memories! Your passion for this iconic toy is evident, and your enthusiasm is contagious.
    promocodehq

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved your blog post on creating a maxi dress from a long skirt! Your DIY tips and step-by-step instructions are so helpful and inspiring. It's fantastic how you're empowering your readers to get creative and make their own stylish outfits.
    frugalishness

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I'm always impressed by the practical tips and advice I find on this blog. Keep up the great work!"
    asus student discount

    ReplyDelete
  7. "This blog doesn't just inform; it inspires. The thought-provoking content motivates me to think, question, and grow."
    Uline Free Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, for those diving into DIY fashion adventures, explore tips like How to Get Detergent Stains Out of Clothes to ensure your creations stand the test of time. Here's to crafting, fashion, and stain-free style transformations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...